Academy for Women of Achievement
Thursday, October 11, 2018
5:30 pm to
Omni Nashville Hotel
Each year, the YWCA honors a select group of women who are dedicated to improving our community and the lives of women, children, and families living in it. For more than a quarter of a century, the YWCA has welcomed these women into the Academy for Women of Achievement. On Thursday, Oct. 19, we honored our 2017 class during the 26th annual AWA ceremony.
Our 2017 AWA Honorees are:
- Kaki Friskics-Warren, Executive Director of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund
- Deborah Varallo, President and Owner of Varallo Public Relations
- Ann Pruitt, Executive Director of the Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services
- Sheila Calloway, Davidson County Juvenile Court Judge
- Laquita Stribling, Senior Vice President at Randstad USA
- Lee Ann Ingram, Philanthropist
- Crissy Haslam, First Lady of Tennessee
Our 2017 Corporate Honoree is the Nashville Predators.
Proceeds from the Academy for Women of Achievement ceremony fund YWCA programs and services.
Interested in sponsoring one of the longest standing, most prestigious award ceremonies in the Nashville community? Click here for more information on 2017 AWA Sponsorship Benefits.
- Betty Price / Co-Chair
- Leigh Walton / Co-Chair
The 2018 YWCA Spring Breakfast is taking place on Tuesday, April 24 at the Music City Center. Guests will hear the inspiring… Learn More
Stand Against Racism is a signature campaign of YWCA USA to build community among those working for racial and social justice. The Stand… Learn More
STRIKE OUT VIOLENCE is an annual bowling fundraiser that allows the YWCA to continue empowering domestic violence survivors to take control… Learn More