Donation Wish List
YWCA is grateful for in-kind donations of items our families can use while they’re being served by our Domestic Violence program. Unfortunately, due to limited available storage, we cannot accept all donations. Our wish lists represents our current needs.
We are unable to accept unscheduled drop-offs of donated items. If you would like to donate from the list below, please contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 or Allison.Adams@ywcanashville.com to schedule delivery of your donation.
Weaver Domestic Violence Center Wish List
- Bus Passes (one-day MTA bus passes)
- Gas Gift Cards
- Gift Cards: We appreciate gift cards to Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Publix, and other stores that carry items we frequently require. Gift cards allow us to purchase items as-needed, thereby easing the storage challenge.
- Canned soup
- Coffee / Creamer / Sugar / Sweetener
- Shaving Cream
- Haircare items for women of color: Cantu (shampoo & conditioner & shea butter), Cream of Nature (shampoo & conditioner), Mane ‘N Tail (shampoo & conditioner)
- Full-size bath towels*
- Bowls* (cereal or soup size)
- Coffee mugs*
- Forks & spoons*
- Alarm Clocks*
*can be new or gently used, clean & in good condition
Want to scroll through a catalog of urgent need items, click, pay online, and have them shipped directly to us? Please visit our automated wish list here.
We are unable to accept donations of these items:
Sample/travel-size toiletries, TVs, used pillows & mattresses, used plush or stuffed toys
Art Therapy Supplies
To make 'Calming Jars' for the children at Weaver Domestic Violence Center we need these supplies:
- Clean clear plastic jars or plastic bottles (no larger than 1 liter) WITH LIDS
- Glitter (fine and “chunky”)
- Glitter glue
- Elmer’s Washable Clear Glue
- Food coloring
YWCA Housing / Re-New Wish List
Re-New at YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee is a volunteer-led program dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you would like to donate any of the items on the list below to our Re-New program, please contact Cheryl Hays via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Currently, we are in need of new or gently used:
- Kitchen Items (pots, pans, bakeware, etc.)
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Towel Sets
- Twin and Double Sheet Sets
- All Decorative Items: lamps, framed art, toys, children's books, working DVD players
- Bedroom Furniture
- Living Room Furniture
- Dining Furniture
- Small-scale Patio Furniture
- Cleaning supplies and sample size/travel toiletries
Dress for Success Wish List
Dress for Success is currently accepting donations of Winter/Fall career wear: Women’s suits, dresses, skirts, pants, blazers, tops, blouses, shoes, handbags, belts, jewelry, scarves, etc We appreciate clothing in all sizes but have a great need for clothing sizes 16 and up AND shoes/boots sizes 9 and up.
Clothing must be in current styles (not older than 5 years), and in new or in gently-used condition. Donations should be freshly laundered or dry cleaned. We are unable to accept clothing with stains or in need of repair.
Please bring clothing on hangers. We are unable to accept clothing in bags or boxes.
IMPORTANT: Clothing donation drop-offs will not be accepted without an appointment. Please call 615-269-9922 to schedule an appointment to drop-off your clothing donation on one of our designated collection days.
If you would like to volunteer with our program please email Allison Adams email@example.com or call 615-983-5144.
Family Literacy Center Wish List
- Spiral notebooks
- Notebook paper (wide ruled)
- Pens (black/blue)
- Colored pocket folders with/without prongs
- Glue sticks (for pre-school)
- Construction paper (for pre-school)
- Markers (for pre-school)
- Crayons (for pre-school)
Questions about in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 /firstname.lastname@example.org